My essay is going to be about the difference between acting for film and acting for stage. I chose to do this as I find the different techniques used particularly interesting. One day I would love to become an actress, however I’m still unsure if I want to keep to stage only or not, and I feel this task will really help to inform me more of what each technique entails and what my options are.
The points I’d like to cover in my essay are:
- What is stage acing?
- What is film acting?
- What are their environments (Theatre and film set) – what it’s like for stage and what it’s like for film…
- Where’s the actor? Where’s the audience? (For both mediums)
- Difference in scripting – why is that the case? What are the differences?
Difference in techniques:
- Facial Expressions and body gestures, how are they differnt for each one?
- Voice and Volume used for each
- Preparation and Performance for both stage and film
Where am I going to get my research from?
I am going to get my research from a range of sources including the internet, books, interviews, emailing local people who have been in both film and on stage, having a go for myself in order to determine what’s it’s like and what the difference is. I will also watch a performance on stage and evaluate the techniques used and compare those to a film and the techniques that are used it that!